Thursday, November 21, 2013

Movies on the Lawn at Mercato






The other day I received an invite from Mercato inviting us to the Movies on the Lawn.  Usually we do not attend these because the movies are shown on a Tuesday evening. . .school night. . .and when it was light later, the movies wouldn’t start until 8:00.  Since my lovely littlest goes to bed at 8:30, it was impossible for us to make the movies.  But, now that we are back in standard time, the movies begin at 6 end at 8 and we are home before bedtime.  Awesome!


I personally love going to outdoor events. . .movies, music, parties. . .love it.  My little one is so much like me that she is always up for going with me.  But I have a 12 year old and for those of you that have a tween or remember being one. . .let me tell you it is tough!  He is at the age where he is too cool to hang with mom too often, he hates his picture being taken (explains why he looks a little funky above!) and he never wants to participate in events like the movies on the lawn. 

After a little bribery of Yogurbella, I managed to convince my children to hang out with me and off to the movies we go.  It was a perfect night, it wasn’t very busy and the movie was great.   

As I sat there, I just felt so happy.  Happy that I was able to be super mom with the bribery, happy that I live in an area that promotes fun family events such as this and happy that I had a belly full of Yogurbella.  It is definitely that time of year to focus your energy on the good in your life and forget the bad.  I am trying to live in the moment and be thankful for those small moments that make up each day. 

It was definitely a good night that I am thankful for!    

No comments:

Post a Comment