Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Thanks. . .



I have recently been put into a position where I have a choice to make, either focus on a lot of negative events happening or focus on the good.  Fortunately for me, I am usually a cup half full kind of girl so I choose to find the good. . .it also helps that it is Thanksgiving so all around me are people expressing gratitude for the blessings in their lives. 

Sometimes, despite our best efforts to do the right thing, life doesn't turn out the way you hope or plan and it's hard.  But truly, I don't want to be unhappy each day and only focus on not being able to manipulate the world to my needs.  So I choose to show gratitude. . .so here we go -

1) I am so thankful to my friends and family. . .they have always been by my side, causing awesome laughter, incredible memories and anticipation for our next adventure.
2) I am thankful for my kids, they bring me so much joy.  The other day my 12 year old son told, out of the blue, that he has a good life!
3) I am thankful for my job. . .it can be stressful, it can be exciting and most days are a mystery as to what will happen.
4) I am thankful to my clients, trusting in me with the biggest purchase/sale of your lives.
5) I am thankful for my home. . .it is my safe haven.
6) I am thankful for my neighborhood. . .Victoria Park is the most amazing community.  My kids have their friends around all the time and the neighbors are truly and extension of my family.
7) I am thankful for the hard times because it reminds me to be thankful during the good times. (like now!)
8) I am thankful for the beaches. . .it's my happiest place on Earth. . .sorry Disney!
9) I am thankful for my health, there have been times when it wasn't the best so I value being strong and healthy now.
10) I am thankful for each person that touches my life in some way,

I know that this is pretty heavy but I felt compelled to share. . .as it says above, not expressing gratitude is like wrapping a present and not giving it.  So. . .this Thanksgiving. . I want to give away my gratitude!

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment